SMA calibration and verification kit (model 85033, 7 GHz)
The Kirkby Microwave 7 GHz 85033 SMA calibration and verification kit is by far the most popular kit we sell. It can be used to calibrate virtually any network analyzer to enable SMA, 3.5 mm or 2.92 mm devices to be measured, irrespective of the test ports on the VNA (N, 3.5 mm, APC7, 2.4 mm etc). The connectors on the calibration kit should match the device under test (DUT) and not necessarily the connectors on the VNA. The frequency range of the calibration kit is from DC to 7 GHz, although higher frequency versions can be built to order. The kit is both a calibration
and verification kit, since it supplied with an attenuator which has been measured on an HP 8720D (20 GHz) VNA using a Agilent 85052B 26.5 GHz 3.5 mm calibration kit. Therefore after setting up the calibration kit, calibrating the VNA, the user can check the VNA is performing properly by measuring the attenuator which is supplied, and comparing that to the measured results, which are on a USB stick supplied with the kit.
- Suitable for all Agilent, HP (except 4195A), Anritsu, Rohde & Schwarz and SDR-kits VNAs. Optionally includes a floppy disk which can load coefficients directly into HP and Agilent 8753, 8720, 8510 and PNA instruments which have a floppy drive.
- Includes all the components necessary to do 1 port and 2 port calibrations, as well as to verify the calibration to ensure it is working properly. The kit includes:
- Female short
- Female open
- Female load
- Male short
- Male open
- Male load
- Male-Male thru
- Female-Female thru
- Attenuator for verification purposes
- 16 GB USB stick with measured data on the attenuator, both in easy to see PDF files, as well as .s2p Touchstone files. The USB stick also
includes a number of application notes and manuals specific to vector network analyzers.
- Housed in an IP67 rated case, this is splashproof and waterproof. The bright yellow case makes this highly suitable for use outside with portable VNAs such as the Agilent FieldFox or Anritsu sitemaster, although black, blue and red cases are also available.
- Includes an attenuator with measured S-parameters, so the user can ensure their VNA is set up correctly to use the kit.
- Includes standards for both male and female connectors, with loads having a return loss of better than 32 dB at 7 GHz. Sufficient accuracy for all amateur and all but the most demanding of professional applications, yet considerably cheaper than cal kits made by Agilent, Anritsu, Rohde & Schwarz, Maury Microwave or Rosenberger. The kit is much more accurate than other low-cost or economy kits which are sold without any coefficients.
- The offset lengths (or delays) of the opens and shorts are chosen so the phase difference between the open and short are as close to 180 degrees as possible at all frequencies. The phase difference between the actual measured phase and that predicted by the model is less than 4° up to 7 GHz.
- There are specific support pages for the 3 main manufacturers of VNAs, as well as the low-cost VNA from SDR-kits.
It should be possible to use this kit
with other makes of VNAs, although you should seek advice first if your VNAs is not made by Anritsu, Agilent, HP, Rohde & Schwarz or SDR-kits.
The specifications of the 85033 standard kit are as follows.
- Frequency range: DC to 7 GHz. (Higher freqencies are possible. Please contact us about higher freuqency versions).
- >32 dB return loss for the loads from DC to 7 GHz.
- Difference between the phase predicted by the mathematical model of the opens, and the actual phase of the opens is <4° from DC to 7 GHz
- Difference between the phase predicted by the mathematical model of the shorts, and the actual phase of the shorts is <4° from DC to 7 GHz
- Mechanical pin depth of the devices is 0.000" to -0.010" (0 to -0.25 mm). Typically they in the range 0.000 to -0.0025" (0.00 mm to -0.06 mm)
- Size 165 x 118 x 55 mm
- Weight: approximately 400 g.
- Colour of case: Black or yellow. IP67 rated. The case used is a Pelican 1020 for which full specifications may be found on the Pelican website. The use of yellow is recommended if the kit is to be used outside a laboratory.
- Optional carying strap.
Purchasing the 85033 SMA calibratation and verification kit
The 7 GHz SMA kit may be purchased in several ways. The prices vary somewhat, depending on where bought, the method of payment due to the commision charged by various bodies (banks, Paypal, eBay etc). If people want a proforma invoice or formal quote, let us know and we will produce one.
You may Order on eBay. Despite the auction saying this is for an HP/Agilent VNA, it will in fact work with almost any VNA.
PayPal, but not via eBay
You will still get the full Buyer Protection of Paypal, but a lower price than on eBay, as we avoid eBay fees. PayPal payments are sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
By wire transfer in GBP
Payment by wire transfer is the cheapest. Please ensure you email us at email@example.com stating you have made payment. If you have given you a formal quotation, then please put the quotation number on the payment. The costs are:
- £265 for delivery in the UK
- £282 for delivery in the European Union (excludes Switzerland)
- £292 for delivery in the USA, Canada and Switzerland (
- £302 for delivery anywhere else in the world.
- Account name: "KIRKBY MICROWAVE LTD" (note there are two K's in KIRKBY)
- Bank name: Royal Bank of Scotland
- Sort code: 630425
- Bank a/c number: 11186193
- IBAN number: GB81RBOS83042511186193
- SWIFT / BIC code: RBOSGB2L
- Country: UK