The Kirkby Microwave 85054 18 GHz Type-N coaxial calibration and verification kit.
The Kirkby Microwave 85054 is a coaxial calibration and verification kit for vector network analyzers. It can be used up to 18 GHz,
but due to the high cost of very high quality 18 GHz loads, we can supply this with lower-cost 6 GHz loads,
The kit is offered in 4 configurations, which in order of increasing cost are:
- No loads - you use your own loads. You must use good quality loads -
do not think you can get away with buying any 18 GHz load, and expecting
it to work with a VNA at 6 GHz, as it is unlikely to.
- 6 GHz loads. The kit will only work correctly to 6 GHz, but you can upgrade
it at a later date to 18 GHz by replacing the loads. The opens and shorts
are suitable for 18 GHz, but not the loads. The accuracy of the loads,
even at 6 GHz, is a little poorer than using expensive metrology
grade 18 GHz loads.
- Used 18 GHz metrology grade loads. Loads suitable for VNA calibration kits are very expensive. We sometimes sell kits with used 18 GHz loads, which have been tested
using our 85054B calibration kit. Please contact us, to ask about availability, as sourcing suitable loads is not easy, so
we do not always have these.
- New 18 GHz metrology grade loads. These are very expensive, will be
supplied to special order only, and are non-returnable. Please ask for a
quotation on these. The lead time can be pretty long too - about 5 weeks.
The kit can be:
- Purchased on eBay
- Wire transfer. We can send you a proforma invoice or quotation by request. Please email us and request a formal quote if you wish to pay by wire transfer. We can quote in USD, GBP or Euros.
- From this website using Paypal at a price below those on eBay.
Purchasing the 85054 18 GHz kit from this website with Paypal
Purchasing directly from our website will save money compared to buying from eBay, but you still have the buyer protection of Paypal. Since we don't incur eBay fees, our price on the website is lower. Prices are given in GBP. Please ask for a proforma invoice if you want to pay in another currency, and we will send you one. The kit is available with 6 or 18 GHz loads, but the 18 GHz ones are not often available.
85054 type-N kit With 6 GHz loads. Payment in GBP
85054 type-N kit With 6 GHz loads. Payment in Euros
We can sell the kit in Euros. The price, including delivery, is 560 Euros. We will ship to Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Spain.
85054 type-N kit With 6 GHz loads. Payment in USD
85054 type-N kit without loads (payment in GBP)
With 18 GHz loads.
Please contact us if you wish to purchase the kit with 18 GHz loads. Due to the very high cost of these new, we can sometimes supply the kit with used 18 GHz loads. We will give you a quotation if we can supply this used loads, but otherwise the cost will be much higher if new loads are purchased.
- Male load (can be supplied without loads, with 6 GHz loads or with 18 GHz loads)
- Female load (can be supplied without loads, with 6 GHz loads or with 18 GHz loads)
- Male open
- Female open (two-part), which extends the male pin so phase is virtually independent of the exact shape of the male pin.
- Male short
- Female short
- attenuator for verification purposes.
- USB stick for measured data on the attenuator, helpful application notes.
- Adapter male N to male N
- Adapter female N to female N
- 3.5" floppy disk with coefficients for the 8753, 8720, 8510 or PNA series of VNAs from HP/Agilent. Please state what disk is required (if any).
- Polycarbonate body, Xylex latch, Stainless Steel pins, thermal plastic rubber liner, foam insert
- Size (Length x width x height): 238 x 141 x 67 mm (9.37" x 5.56" x 2.62")
- Weight 1.2 kg
- Shipping weight 2 kg
- Case is splash proof and dustproof (IP 67 rated) using a thermoplastic rubber liner O-Ring
(Note, the phase error is defined as the maximum difference in phase between the actual phase of the device, and the phase predicted by the
mathematical model of the device).
- Storage temperature: -20 to +70 deg C
- Operating temperature: +19 to +27 deg C (66.2 to 80.6 deg F)
- Error-corrected range temperature range: 1 deg C (Typically VNAs must be operated at a temperature of no more than 1 deg C from that used for calibration. Please check the data for your particular VNA)
- Phase error of open standards is less than 3 degrees from DC to 18 GHz
- Phase error of short standards is less than 2 degrees from DC to 18 GHz